Welcome to the TWG family on Quality in Universal Health and Healthcare!
Having successfully steered the TWG, Pierre and Ed have passed on the baton to Bejoy, Rashad, and Lisa. We are excited about plans for the coming year and would like to share them with you.
We would like to promote this TWG as a one-stop shop for all events, activities and resources related to quality in healthcare so as to support researchers and implementers to access latest cutting-edge research and innovations in heath systems improvement.
Aim of the TWG
The aim of the TWG is to create a global community of health consumers, practitioners, policy makers, payers, and researchers who share a common interest in promoting quality of health and health care as a key contributor to the goals of Universal Health Care. We will pursue three streams of work:
Develop and research quality infrastructure and activities to translate policy into effective large scale programming
Provide structured opportunities for the creation, research and dissemination of knowledge in the design, implementation, scale up, measurement and evaluation of quality of health and health care
Provide access to open source materials and specific opportunities for capacitation of the work force to research and implement quality in health and health care
Quality TWG at the Africa Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare
The Quality in Universal Health and Health Care TWG is pleased to announce that we will be at the Africa Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare,
which will be held in Durban, South Africa from 19 to 21 February 2018.
Publications and Resources
- “Implementation science as an essential driver for sustainable health systems strengthening interventions: Lessons learned across the five-country African Health Initiative” has been published in BMC Health Services Research. View the full content of the supplement.
- Improving Quality of Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Workshop Summary
- Implementation and results of an integrated data quality assurance protocol in a randomized controlled trial in Uttar Pradesh, India
- Implementing the WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist: lessons learnt on a quality improvement initiative to improve mother and newborn care at Gobabis District Hospital, Namibia
- Webinar prezentation: Practical Evaluation Designs for Improving the Quality of He.alth Care Implementation
- Blog - TWG on Quality holds workshop in London on quality improvement evaluation designs
If you’re interested in being part of the Quality in Universal Health and Healthcare TWG, we welcome your participation. Here’s how you can get involved:
Join the Quality in Universal Health and Health care google group
Submit best practices, stories, tools or case studies or start a discussion in the google group.
Help us develop webinars – suggest topics and speakers, or just tune in!
You can also contact us by email: [email protected]Join our group