Become a Member
Beginning on 14 January 2014, Health Systems Global transitioned from a one-year membership plan to a two-year membership plan.
As always, one of the benefits of membership continues to be a discounted registration fee for the global symposium that takes place every two years. Those people who initiate or renew their membership after 29 September will be able to pay a discounted registration fee for the Fourth Global Symposium in 2016.
Now over 1500 members from 96 countries!
Membership can be individual or institutional. Organizations may find it simpler and more convenient to centralize memberships, for example to handle participation in the symposium or in thematic working groups. In each case, different rates apply for high-income countries and low-income coutries, as well as profit and not-for-profit organizations. Joining Health Systems Global is easy: individual membership or institutional membership (will be announced). Please contact the Secretariat for further information about institutional membership.
Membership fees are based on the income level of your country of residence. To learn whether your country is a low or middle-income country (LMIC) or a high-income country (HIC), please consult this list
Reduced registration fees for the biennial global symposia.
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- Networking opportunities between young and more experienced researchers and practitioners;
- The opportunity to push forward a research agenda in areas of interest;
- The chance to become a part of the governing body and shape the future agenda of the organization from the ground up;
- Reduced registration fees for the health systems research symposia now and in the future;
- A newsletter about Health Systems Global activities and how you can get involved.
- Health Systems Global have its non-exclusive affiliation with BMC Health Services Research. As a part of the agreement, HSG members receive a 20% discount on the author processing charges for all BioMed Central journals. To claim membership code, please contact the Secretariat at [email protected].
- Members of Health Systems Global now have discounted access to Health Policy and Planning and a 25% reduction on article processing charges (APCs) for all submissions to the journal; for further information please see the open access information within the journal instructions for authors